Monday, October 12, 2015

Who has shaped my life


Throughout the eighteen years I have been alive, I have met a lot of people who have shaped my life in one way or another. However, the one person who has continued to shape my life for the better, day in and day out, is my mother. She is by far the strongest, most independent woman that I have ever met. Ever since I was young, my parents have been divorced. Unlike that stereotypic MB single mom, she was fine being alone. This isn’t because she was okay being alone, but instead, she knew that us kids were her priority. She has spent every hour of my life making sure that I am happy because happiness is indeed the best gift a person could receive. Not only that, but she is able to provide us with every opportunity we need to succeed. 
All of this doesn't come free. My mom, Genette, works at her job full time and gives it her all because she realizes she must do so to help our family run smoothly. In some aspects, she is a superhuman. I could not be happier to have such an amazing woman that I can call my mother.

2 comments:

  1. You're so cute! Most boys have better relationships with their dads but I love how you and your mom are so close. You are so respectful and I love that about you! I admire the relationship you have with her

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like yourself, I also have a great relationship with my mom! It's lovely to see that not all boys cling to their fathers.

    ReplyDelete